Dusk upon my town and what manual focus has to do with it

Ever since I got my first prime lens which was in December 2007. I’ve been into off focusing street lights, or any light for that matter, even the Sun. Bokeh is a term for everything not in focus but through time it has become a synonym for blurred Christmas or traffic lights. At least for me. I will never get tired of shooting that. I know it might be plain basic or sooo last season but the joy of this little circles of light is just everlasting. So, whether it’s Christmas or just twilight and lights down the street, manual focus fun is timeless. Every bokeh’d shot taken during dusk time just speaks to me and creates an amazing atmosphere. And always will, don’t care how basic and easy it seems. I will always love blurred layers of red, blue, green or yellow. Bokeh for the win!
Tags: ,

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

1. Reply

Angelina

January 13, 2012

Love it! I want to try something like that, any “how-to” tips? ;)

January 13, 2012

Thanks :)
      Well, I don’t have any special tip except getting a prime lens :D

2. Reply

Asja

January 13, 2012

Using manual focus to blur the lights is easy but creating such beautiful, dreamy images as you do is hard!Your bokeh’d pics are pure visual poetry. Love them.

3. Reply

Ellen

January 13, 2012

Very nice photos.

xoxo

4. Reply

Bruna

January 13, 2012

I love bokeh, it is such a beautiful lens effect! I always take these pictures of landscapes with no focus, but don’t usually post them.
    Yours are really nice.

January 17, 2012

You should post them! I wanna see them :)

5. Reply

Alice

January 13, 2012

These are all gorgeous. You got the light just right – so magical!

6. Reply

Coccinella

January 13, 2012

I’m so in love with bokeh! In my opinion it gives a little magic to the picture. I don’t know much about photography yet, but I already know it’s hard to resist making another photo with blurry background or lights! I’m still working on that effect, however what I do now makes me feel I’m so untalented. But well, I keep trying. I wanna learn how to make a heart bokeh, no matter how bannal it is.
    The last photo is the best in my opinion. It somehow makes me thinkng about summer travels :)

January 17, 2012

I used to make heart bokeh and it was so fun! Make sure the paper is dark and the cut out heart is not big.

7. Reply

monique krüger

January 13, 2012

so so good!!! Love your style…

Thanks, Mon :)

8. Reply

Alyssa

January 14, 2012

I agree – bokeh ftw! I love it!

January 17, 2012

I know you do, because you have mastered it ;))

9. Reply

Vickie

January 14, 2012

these are gorgeous, love the last one

10. Reply

Mel

January 14, 2012

Lovely bokeh’s photos, Ines!
    I always loved blurry shots and sometimes in a photoshoot my fav is the blurry one :)
    They have something magical ❤

Thanks, Mel :))
      A prime lens is perfect for shots like this.

11. Reply

Andrea

January 14, 2012

Just can’t say how much I love these photos <33 We are sooo in love with bokeh that it is not only the out of focus part of an image, it’s starting to become the subject of pictures :) You caught the right moment, where the traffic lights are already on, but the sun still is in the sky!! ^_^ The effect is outstanding ^__^
    *I’m sorry for the double comment, I forgot that I was logged in my test account >_<*

January 17, 2012

Thanks, Andrea! I really really do love shooting blurred traffic lights. It is something so simple and yet can result with such wonderful feeling inside while looking at such photos.

12. Reply

sarah.yusko

January 15, 2012

your bokeh shots are always my favorites! the lights always seem to twinkle!

Thanks <33

13. Reply

Char

January 15, 2012

You do bokeh so well :)

January 17, 2012

Thanks, girl! You are brilliant!