WHEN YOU JUST WANT TO TRAVEL

All day I’ve been fiddling around with this blog playing a wannabe designer. After I pretty much finished it, I concluded I have nothing to write about and I tweeted about it. Melina responded that I should write about my dreams or favorite TV shows. And later, I thought Well Ines, you have so much of these travel guides – just start from there! Ok, maybe those weren’t the exact words but you get the picture.

A long time ago, I came across this website that offered free things such as samples from various brands, websites and all that jazz. It was all in one place. I started ordering travel guides from random US states. I remember some of them never coming in the mail but some of them did! One of the first that I got was the New Hampshire travel guide, year 2003. For some time, that guide was all I was reading, hehe. I mean, the quality of its content was amazing. There was a lot of photographs of nature, small towns along the Atlantic shore and so on. On the other hand, there were traveler guides that I wasn’t much impressed with because the content was basically hotel information. I mean, it is good to know that but. overall, I just wasn’t getting the vibe.

Until I joined Flickr and hopped on the San Francisco appreciation society train, I was a true New Hampshire fan. Wait, I still am! Like, who wouldn’t want to experience the golden-red colors of autumn, there? The state overall reminds me of England. I guess because the entire north-east is a bit puritan since there is where the pilgrims first came. And a lot of towns have names such as Portsmouth, Manchester, Dover, … Sound familiar, right?

Basically, the majority of the travel guides I got are from the states such as New Mexico, Nevada, Montana, … states with a lot of nature and wild life. I love that. Ok, maybe New Mexico doesn’t have much of a greenery but it sure has its UFO uniqueness.
And of course, one of the guides was California. Like I said, not until Flickr did I started to care more about that state. I was more of a Washington state kind of type. The only part of California I would like to see is the northern part. Los Angeles has never been a favorite of mine. San Francisco, on the other hand, has more of that something. I think. Would love to visit it because of the Franciscan mission there. We all know that the city was named after – St. Francis. But, in Spanish language. And of course, would love to go there because of the beautiful and unique Victorian vibe and up and down all around hills.

Maybe a year or two years ago (don’t remember exactly), I got one of those MoleskineCity notebooks. Yes, I got one for San Francisco. That could really come in handy when there. Like, the thing has everything; maps, pages to fill in about your favorite places, restaurants, clubs. Even a couple of sheets of tracing paper in case you need it. They are expensive, but those guys in Moleskine know how to make it unique. Me thinks.

So, that is my dream. To travel to those places. The nature and the beauty of some states are definitely worth visiting. It is my dream but not a frantically must. I always say – God willing. Would be over the top happy if that dream came true but if not – I am sure there is a reason for it. But, a girl can dream, right? God bless!

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

1. Reply

Angelina

February 1, 2012

Recognizable! ;) I also would love to visit California.. And many many more hihi! Dreams, dreams.. ohh I love to dream! ;)

Ines Perkovic

February 1, 2012

Hehe, yes..dreams, please become reality!

Angelina

February 1, 2012

Ohh yes please!!

Forgot to say that I love your new header!!

2. Reply

Lilly...

February 1, 2012

Moja prijateljica je lani, radeći, imala prilike proputovati i vidjeti većinu ovoga. Vrtila se doma obogaćena novim iskustvima, prijateljstvima i s 5000 fotografija! I planira sve ponoviti ove godine, tako da… želim da se i tebi ostvare tvoje želje! ;)

Ines Perkovic

February 1, 2012

Ajme! To je posao iz snova. A opet za njega trebaš bit rođen. Ja bi samo putovala, ne bi radila. :D

3. Reply

Andrea

February 1, 2012

San Francisco is one of my places-to-go-before-I-die!! One of my best friends is going to live there, so hopefully it will become easier for me to go there (ok Andrea, at first you NEED money LOOL).
    But I don’t know… maybe it’s because the USA is very close to me that I dream with Europe. I’ve lived in London for a couple of months, so part of my dream had come true :D But I want more.. Italy, Spain, France, Croatia (I’ve read that you have the most beautiful beaches EVER!!)..
    For some people, Europe sounds cliche.. but if it does, I’m the most cliche person :D
    Good luck for us!! Maybe one day we can come across each other in this world :D

Ines Perkovic

February 1, 2012

Europe is so not cliche! Like, the Europeans colonized most of North America so, logically, America is cliche. Hehe. Anyways, I’ll stop.
      But really, Europe is history. It has spirit, the streets, the domestic way of life in every country, the ethnic system. All kinds of gorgeous. When people think of France, they mostly think of Paris and Eiffel tower. But, it is so much more than that, as you know. And so with every country. For example, London is cool but the real diamond is the countryside, in my opinion. Do come to Croatia, it is very pretty ;) Hehe!

4. Reply

Therese

February 1, 2012

Hi Ines.
    What is your e-mail ?
    I would like to talk to you =)

5. Reply

Ellen

February 1, 2012

beautiful pictures, i’d love to go to san fransisco!
    x

Ines Perkovic

February 1, 2012

Oh ME TOOO! heheh

6. Reply

Erin Madsen Photography

February 2, 2012

If you’re interested in New Hampshire, you would like Vermont. It’s mostly country. The people are a bit odd, but then again, I’m from New York. I’m full of opinions.

Ines Perkovic

February 2, 2012

Hehe, I know. Life in the country is a bit different. Personally, I prefer hearing the rooster in the morning :D

7. Reply

Isidora

February 2, 2012

meni se baš putuje u zadnje vrijeme. ne mora biti jako daleko, tu negdje u krugu 500 kilometara… samo da malo zatopli! :) i malo para.

Ines Perkovic

February 2, 2012

Joj, i meni isto. Onak, po cijele dane sam doma i dosađujem se. Ak već neće past snijeg, onda bolje da što prije dođe proljeće. Danas je Groundhog day, možda svizac navjesti skoro proljeće :D

Ines Perkovic

February 2, 2012

Actually, sad su mi starci rekli da je vidio sjenu, još 6 tjedana zime :D

Isidora

February 3, 2012

hahaha. sjena ili ne, ali tu je počeo maloprije padati snijeg. no, dobro. izdržat ćemo. malo agruma, peciva i toplih napitaka i da vidiš!

8. Reply

Coccinella

February 2, 2012

Wow. Sometimes I read your blog and feel like it was written about me. Really. We like or want to do the same things. Ha, maybe that’s why I love your blog.
    I’d LOVE to go to the USA. I know that lots of people say it’s nothing special, it only looks great in movies. Yeah, I know that living in USA is not a fairytaile. I also think that Earth offer much more beautiful places to see. But I’ve wanted to go there since I can remember. I’m in love with big cities (honestly, the view of night city is one of the most amazing view for me), but I also love the nature. Everything. I wish I could go on a road trip, travel along the country and visit as many states as I can. That would be amazing! I hate that I’m so poor I can’t even visit my friend who lives in Rhode Island. Maybe maybe someday, who knows. And I love San Fransisco too. I guess it’s because of Full House (and I’ve read you like that show too!). I want to take a picture of Paintes Ladies, haha :)
    I hope this dream will come true someday and we’ll go to the USA.
    Love,
    Justyna

Ines Perkovic

February 2, 2012

Oh, I hope our dreams really come true! Road trips would be awesome. I really like the countryside. Of course, a city skyline is something worth seeing and experiencing.
      Wow, you have been to Croatia?! Coolness! :D

Coccinella

February 2, 2012

Yes :) It was in 2002. I lived near Sibenik. I think I even asked you on formspring if you know a place called Brodarica, that’s where I was. Croatian seaside is amazing, I can’t deny it :) And european championships in figure skating will be in Zagreb next year, so I consider going there. I mean, it would be cool, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to afford this :(
      Ines, If I ever become a millionaire, I’ll definitely go on a road trip and I’ll take you with me, haha! :D

9. Reply

Coccinella

February 2, 2012

Oh, and I can agree with Andrea, Croatian beaches are beautiful. I regret I didn’t visit Plitvice Lakes National Park when I was in Croatia some years ago. This is probably one of the most beautiful place in the whole Europe.

10. Reply

Alice

February 2, 2012

Ah I have perpetual wanderlust. I definitely have been bitten by the travel bug.
    Lovely dof in all of these.