Instagram wannabe

For real, guys. I have an Instagram account but don’t have a phone that supports the application. I’ve still been rocking my Samsung SGH E-570 flip phone for more than 5 years now. It was a Valentine edition one, in pink. No, I didn’t have a Valentine date. Just bought the phone. Haha. Oh, brother. It still works even though it does show some signs of its beaten up history. I dropped it a few times so scratches and loose parts are its fashion statement. And when you call me, during the talk it makes a buzzing sound (probably sporting the dial up modem connection sound that was so hot across the world, couple of years ago). Ok, maybe NOT the exact sound but, there is definitely some buzzing involved. My friend keeps reminding me of almost everytime she calls, lately. When are you getting yourself a new phone? asks she. When I’ll be able to afford an iPhone. It is that or no phone at all. Someday.
No, lets get back to reality. I don’t have an iPhone but that didn’t quite stop me to open up an Instagram account because that is what all the cool kids were doing at the time. Luckily, I have a friend with all the gadgets so whenever I’m meeting him I ask him to borrow his iPhone to take some Instagram photos. He always kindly does allow me to do so. So here are a couple of my photos that I like the most. It is such a neat little application. It just makes you wanna take photos of everything, anytime. The first diptych shows fragments of my town (Sisak) when Mirko visited me and the bottom one is when I visited him (to the capital, Zagreb). We had a cool time, on both of the occasions. God bless.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

1. Reply

r0setinted

September 29, 2012

Instagram is also my frustration! I use a Blackberry and though it’s awesome for all my communication needs, I can’t use most apps — especially Instagram!

Ines Perkovic

October 1, 2012

And then you feel as if you’re asking too much when you want to change your phone just for the sake of Instagram. Ok, maybe not just because of it but it sure does plays a huge part.

2. Reply

Kayli

September 29, 2012

that’s funny! i get that question from friends ALLLLL the time for past few years.. “when are you getting an iphone?” or “have you gotten the latest iphone already?”…. i am using a samsung don’t remember what model it is smart phone… Without internet connection..!! (what’s the point then buying a smart phone!!… good question, hasn’t quite figured it out yet!);p
    i always fascinate about instagram, too!! hopefully i’ll be able to upgrade myself to an iphone sometimes very soon so i can start playing around with instagram!! :D

Ines Perkovic

October 1, 2012

Sometimes, life isn’t logical, right? :D Smart phone , no internet. :DD
      Well I hope both of us end up with an iPhone or something decent :D And soon.

Thanks!

3. Reply

Kayli

September 29, 2012

oh, totally forgot to say.. i LOVE LOVE, LOVE your instagram photos!! they are just sooooo cute! :)

4. Reply

arttu

September 29, 2012

Oh, I totally feel you. I’ve had my touch screen Nokia for soo many years now, it’s even one of the first touch screen phones Nokia made. And it for sure does not support instagram or any other hip & cool application so I’m forced to try to use instagram with my iPod which doesn’t have a decent camera… Oh the difficulties.

Ines Perkovic

October 1, 2012

Hehe, I know! You always see this beautiful Instagram photography and you are not a part of it or at least not in the way you would want to. I mean, it is kind of funny crying over plain phone camera + Instagram when I, at the same time, shoot with a D800. I guess with us people is never enugh. -_-

5. Reply

Suhas

September 30, 2012

Hi Ines, I’m a hobbiest photog from India and i’ve been following your work for about a month or so and i really like your photog style. and thank you for actually sharing your post-processing techniques with everyone. not many photogs do that. really appreciate it!

secondly, i’m not sure whether you are aware of this but there is a very simple way you can use instagram from a windows PC. go to http://bluestacks.com/ . download and install the application. once you are in there you will have access to the entire Android-Google Play Store so you can install instagram and use it for free. hope this keeps you occupied till you get hold of an iPhone. best of luck :)

-suhas

Ines Perkovic

October 1, 2012

I am totally gonna check that out, thank you :))

6. Reply

G C

September 30, 2012

I haven’t tried Instagram. After I take photos from my HTC phone, I usually upload them on flickr. I’ve been using flickr for years, so Instagram may not be what I need.

Regardless, love your photos. Keep it up.

Ines Perkovic

October 1, 2012

Instagram is a fun little escape from photography but still within the borders of it. It’s casual and everyday. By no means do I think Instagram is the new way of photography that I chose to follow. It’s just fun :D

Thanks!

7. Reply

Inna Makeenko

October 1, 2012

Hi Ines! I aways become happy when see you photos on Instagram:)
    Don’t you think you can try earn some money by selling your images? Make an announcement on flickr and suggest people choose one of your images and buy it as a postcard. I think a lot of people will buy your beautiful images and then you will buy an iPhone!:))

Ines Perkovic

October 1, 2012

Hehe, if only things would be that easy :D I do earn some money over Getty Images but I kinda have priorities of where to put the money. Once I get the full time job, then I’ll consider getting an iPhone.

:D

8. Reply

lucidreamer

October 7, 2012

Hi Ines!
    I have to confess – I’m an Instagram wannabe, too! I only borrow my hubby’s iphone but that didn’t stop me from clicking away whenever I can. I love how I can inconspicuously shoot just about anything easily! Well, just dropping by and I hope you get your iphone soon! =D