JUST ANOTHER DAY

I don’t think I’ve shared this one yet with you guys, but there are two more kittens in my yard, as of recently.  My friend Ivana had extra kittens so I stepped in and brought home two. They are the cutest little creatures ever. Whenever I step outside and call them, I hear a tiny meow and 8 feet running towards me.  Since they were a bit older when I got them (more than 3 months), I thought they wouldn’t adapt to their new home that quickly but, man, the next day they were running and climbing trees as if they were born here. I mean, as long as I was around. Hehe. Now, they do that without me being present. So, I’m quite happy about it. Anywho, here they are.
Oliver is the quiet one and not as needy as Oscar is (Oscar is the one below).  But, he is also the fearless one and willing to sniff around more to discover new hideouts and such.  And, he is also the bigger one and has more stripes.  As if he is the older brother even though they were born on the same day. Wherever he goes, Oscar (Oliver would say annoyingly) follows.
Now, Oscar is the more hyper one. He’s meowing all the time and wants me to hold him so he could have his daily dose of purrs, I guess. Hehe. Today, I left him laying in the hammock all by himself. He is so funny and so darling. They are both big cuddlers. Even though Oliver doesn’t like to show it as much but certain cuddly moments give him away. Hehe.
I don’t remember the last time I took photos of my Japanese maple that is in my yard since the summer of 2008. I remember that because at the same time I got a 50mm 1.4 lens and one of the first images with that lens were of the maple leaves. I remember I used to take photos of it all the time. In the last year or so, I was kinda refusing to use it as a photo subject. I gave in, today. It has grown a lot but, at the same time, not as much. Japanese maples are known for the slow growth. It kinda annoys me but, what can you do. Also, we’ve been having gloomy weather in the past few days with lots of thunders and rain. I love it. I’m so excited for fall to finally arrive. God bless and have a great day!
Tags:

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

1. Reply

G C

August 28, 2013

Nice photo of the Japanese Maple.

Ines Perkovic

2. Reply

kaylistic

August 28, 2013

they are so adorable!! i also have 2 stray kittens at my backyard. they are both the cutest thing ever. i’ve been wanting to bath them, but afraid i might freak them out.. any tips?

and wow… is it already fall there? you are having all the autumn colors already!! envy.. it’s insanely hot here still…

Ines Perkovic

August 28, 2013

Ooo, I wouldn’t know. I’ve never tried bathing the cats. But my friend had a cat who loved to bath. I don’t think they would be that freaked out to run away but they could scratch you or something :/ I wouldn’t do it, the cats bathe themselves.

Yes, the weather is a bit cooler and I love it. We usually have indian summer a lot through september but now it seems we will jump right into autumn a lot quicker.

3. Reply

Cindy

omg your pictures are awesome, I really love the focus <3

Ines Perkovic

Thanks, Cindy!

4. Reply

Austin Miller

August 28, 2013

Oh, Ines. You have beautiful work. And these are no exception.

Ines Perkovic

5. Reply

moniquekrueger.com

August 28, 2013

wonderful, love the second photo :D so cute.

Ines Perkovic

Thanks! ^^

6. Reply

Nadya Zimmerman

Beautiful kittens!

Ines Perkovic

August 28, 2013

I think so, too! Love them to pieces.

7. Reply

Tasha

Those kittens, so cute! :D

Ines Perkovic

August 28, 2013

They really are furballs of cuteness.

8. Reply

Corinne Velez

August 29, 2013

Ines, it’s so funny you posted this because I was telling myself this morning I need to start doing still-lifes more! I love how you added pinecones to yours… I need to push my creativity a little! :)

9. Reply

Corinne Velez

August 30, 2013

So I just realized I commented on your kitten post instead of your still life post above it… oops! These kittens are still adorbs, though. I actually have an red tabby named Oliver, too! They could be twins! :D

10. Reply

Alyssa

September 5, 2013

Oh my, these pictures are gorgeous beyond words! LOVE them.

11. Reply

Alyssa

September 5, 2013

Oh my, these pictures are gorgeous beyond words! LOVE them.